- Konstantinos LianosRestorative Dentistry
My name is Konstantinos A. Lianos and I am a dentist specializing in Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry (crowns, bridges, dentures, fillings, implants) with special emphasis in esthetics(veneers, bleaching, anterior and posterior fillings).
The combination of my undergraduate studies in Athens, post-graduate studies in USA and 25year clinical expertise reassure for the extensive and high quality care for the majority of your dental treatment requirements.Read More
After achieving my undergraduate degree in Athens(1982-1987), I completed a three year program (1988-1991) in the Dental School of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA leading to a Certificate in Prosthodontics and a Master’s Degree.
I joined the Army and served as a dentist (1991-1993) and started a solo private practice at Patra (1993) and at Zakynthos (2018).
I restored my first implants in 1990 and have restored a very large number to date.
Postgraduate Trainee in Prosthodontics (specialist-level)
June 1988-June 1991 Dental School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States. Director: Prof. Matt Wood.
A very challenging course averaging 60-70 hours of clinical practice, lectures, lab work and research per week. This included 16-20 hours of specialist clinics. Graduates who completed the course were entitled to sit the Prosthodontics Board exam for a specialist’s license in the US.
Clinical practice highlights:
• Covered the US Prosthodontics curriculum in depth. This included extensive training in the fabrication of prostheses.
• Planned and managed many restorations involving bridges, crowns, dentures, occlusion, oncology, full-mouth cases etc. Also practiced implant restoration and ceramic veneers.
• Six-hour Removable Prosthodontics clinic p.w., using both partial and total solutions.
Basic research contribution:
• Analyzed the mechanical and chemical properties of polymers with dentin phosphoprotein attached aiming to experiment with mineralization applications at a later stage.
• Analyzed the bite force ramifications for edentulous patients wearing total removable prostheses prior to and after the placement of dental implants in the mandible.
Clinical instructor’s experience:
Sept. 1990-June 1991
• Demonstrated clinical skills to undergraduate dentists for six hours p.w.
Aug 1992 – March 1993
• Demonstrated clinical skills to undergraduate dentists for two hours p.w
1989-91: graduate dentist winner of substantial grant awarded on merit by the ‘Kriezis’ Institute.
1983: was awarded state scholarship for consistent performance during first undergraduate year.
1982: 2nd-highest-marked examinee in the Dental School entry exams, winning state funding.
Recent selected CPD
The prosthetic restoration of osseointegrated implants (half-day course). Provider: ITI Group.
Heraklion, Greece, June 2013.
Aesthetic restorations with implants (symposium). Provider: ADIN corp. Thessaloniki, Greece 2010.
Monitoring of damping for the assessment of mandible bone quality. S.D. Panteliou, K. A. Lianos et al. Journal of the Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics, vol. 3(2), 2009.
Ramifications of bite force on a pre- and post-implant population.K.A.Lianos. Journal of Dental Research, March 1992. (Special issue with conference abstracts).
Tooth preparation in Fixed Prosthodontics: theory, clinical application, tales and reality.
A. Vasilas, K. Lianos, 15th Regional Congress of the Peloponnesus. Kalamata, Greece,
Impressions and Occlusal records in Fixed Prosthodontics: clinical application, classical and
alternative methods. K. Lianos, A. Vasilas. 15th Regional Congress of the Peloponnese. Kalamata, Greece, 20-22/06/2014.
Modal Damping Factor: a mandibular bone quality assessment technique for the pre-op evaluation of implant placement. K. Lianos et al. 20th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Osseointegration. Athens, Greece, 12-15/10/2011. (poster presentation)
Chemical composition mapping of mandible bones using spectroscopic techniques. M. Pelardis, K. Lianos et al. 11th Medical Chemistry Conference, Patras, Greece, 26-28/04/2010.
English: good, regularly used in conferences, travel and personal study.
Other languages: French (basic).
Board member of the Achaia Dental Union, 1999-2006.
Organizing local conventions and scientific presentations with dentists, medical doctors, lab technicians and school teachers.
Treasurer of the Social Cooperative Corporation: “Recycle at source”.